Mental and Physical Health Suppression
Suppression is when “One gets the manifestation of an illness to disappear, without having healed the illness” (S. Hahnemann)
If symptoms are suppressed, the body finds different ways to express itself. The results are deeper-seated problems which are more detrimental to body functions and longevity.
Suppression masks the illness and drives it further into the body.
For example, consider metastases as result of cancer treatments.
Emotional symptoms can also be suppressed and can cause severe physical conditions.
- Suppression can occur in different ways:
- Suppression of emotions
- Suppression of natural body secretions
- Topical applications - Surgical removals
- Suppression of recurring infections
- Suppression of fever and pain
- Suppression of natural immunity
- The suppression of emotions including anger, sorrow, worries and annoyance can occur due to anti-depressant drug use.
- Anti-depressive drugs or Hypnosis lead to a deep-seated anxiety and unhappy individuals, not functional in society.
- When a person’s deep-seated desires in life are suppressed, diseases can manifest.
- Example: A son took over his father’s company (not to offend his father). However, he had a deep-seated wish to become a musician. He gave up his dream and could not say “no”. As a result, he was never truly happy emotionally, which led to the development of physical problems.
- By suppressing body secretions such as sweat, you are suppressing the body’s attempt to detox.
- Antiperspirants contribute to many health problems, including even breast cancer.
- Gerson argued that more & more men are getting breast cancer because of antiperspirant use.
- It is much better to use natural deodorants (free of toxins & aluminium) that allow toxin excretion.
- Excessive sweating under the arms could be a sign of liver weakness or the circulation system over-reacting